CityPlace officially turns 10 years old on Oct. 27, 2010, and people are talking about it on Twitter, Facebook and more. How do you think CityPlace has changed West Palm Beach (for better or worse)?
Read below to see what people are saying. Here’s how to get your tweet or Facebook update about CityPlace included on this page.
- Developer of CityPlace believes in reinvention, global view
- Read The Palm Beach Post’s first story about CityPlace
- Historic Palm Beach Flashback blog: Before it was CityPlace, it was going to be Downtown/Uptown
How to get your reactions included on this page:
1. Send a tweet that includes the hashtag #pb_cityplace10
2. Post a Facebook status update. To make sure we can find it:
- Include #pb_cityplace10 at the end of your status update
- Make the update public (the image below shows you how; just choose “Everyone” for this particular status update on your Facebook before clicking “Share”).
Read the first article that The Palm Beach Post wrote about CityPlace, on Aug. 2, 1996, four years before its opening. Click Fullscreen below to view larger. (Fun fact: On that day in the newspaper, there was an advertisement for a cellphone that boasted it had enough memory to store 32 phone numbers).
Historic Palm Beach Flashback blog: Before it was CityPlace, it was going to be Downtown/Uptown